Friday, February 27, 2009

Low Salt Living - In the Good Old Summertime Fish

This recipe cam about because Husband and I were trying to fix the shower while I was trying to make dinner. I asked him how he wanted the fish and he said "surprise me". I started to think about what flavors go well with fish and what I had on hand. Lemons go good but I didn't have any lemons. I did have lemonade. Well, pink lemonade. We also call this "pink fish".

It tastes better than it sounds. Really.


Tilapia or other white fish
Powdered Lemonade Mix
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Ground Pepper
Olive Oil

Spread some olive oil on the fish. Enough to make it moist so the other stuff sticks.

Sprinkle the fish with the dry ingredients. (no, I don't have any real measurements) Somewhere around 1-2 teaspoons depending on the size of the fish.

Cook it in the oven until it is done.

For a moister fish, make a thicker than normal mix of the lemonade and pour it around the fish. Wrap in tinfoil.

I've also used chili powder for a bit of heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment