Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snowmageddon 2: Electric Boogaloo / Snoverkill

Well, it's snowing again. Okay, actually it started snowing last night and it has finally gotten down to just flurries. The winds are high and we will probably lose power again.

It was an adventure. A difficult adventure but, an adventure. After we escaped the house, we decided to plan for this round using what we learned last time.


On Saturday, I cooked over coals in the fireplace (properly ventilated). We thought we had an hibachi but couldn't find it. I took an old baking pan and filled it with charcoal. It took over an hour to get it going. I've never been good with charcoal. I wrapped hot dogs, sausages, potatoes and eggs (yes, eggs) in tinfoil and set them on the coals. Not bad.

For this storm: We got a small grill/hibachi. There are only three of us so, getting a large propane grill doesn't make sense for us. Yes, it would be easier and quicker but, a waste of power and space. It's K-Mart brand so, I don't have high hopes. I just hope it works. This one will also go in the fireplace. It's too windy to attempt lighting coals outside. I still have the charcoal-lighting problem but, I will have a grilling surface and it might be a bit neater.

We've been doing dishes and laundry non-stop since we got power back. I am going to make sure we have plenty of clothes and layers to use for the next few days. Husband ran out of clean pants from the multiple snow-shoveling trips. Why not reuse? Too wet.

We gathered all the board games and bought a few new ones. My 5 year old can now play chess and Chinese checkers. He didn't like Clue but, he liked playing with the pieces. I have the Disney's Haunted Mansion Clue. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment